We are confident that our programmes enrich the lives of our students, our audiences and our teachers. Your donation will help us to further consolidate and grow our activities, bringing music into the lives of many others.
The Mehli Mehta Music Foundation was established in 1995 to foster and develop western classical music in all its aspects, raise standards of music teaching, bring local audiences the best of world music and above all to encourage young talent. It honours the late Mehli Mehta, father of Maestro Zubin Mehta, whose singular vision and pursuit of excellence in this field, has been a source of continuing inspiration.
Since its inception, the Mehli Mehta Music Foundation has grown from a small organization with a few volunteers and a handful of music students, into an important institution that is recognized and respected internationally. Creating an awareness and interest in classical music has not been easy, but when we look back at our activities from its inception, we know we are walking in the right direction. Please refer to EVENTS for the programmes offered in 2018-19.
Funding is critical to our growth, we appeal to your generosity for a donation to the corpus of the Foundation. We offer priority booking for all special events, invitations to our regular presentations and appropriate mention in all our programmes. All donations are exempt under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act.
1. Benefactors Rs.10,00,000 and above
2. Patron – Gold Circle Rs. 5,00,000 and above
3. Patron – Silver Circle Rs. 1,00,000 and above – annual donation
4. Patron – Bronze Circle Rs. 50,000 and above – annual donation
5. Patron – Friends Circle Rs. 25,000 and above – annual donation
You can make a contribution by sending in your cheque in favour of Mehli Mehta Music Foundation at our postal address mentioned in the Contact Us page.
For Donor enquiries, please email us directly, via the Contact Us email form.
- Priority booking for all concerts and events
- Acknowledgement in Concert programmes brochures
- Invitation to post-concert receptions
- Access to the Foundation library with prior appointment
- Invitation to Listeners’ Club, concerts, talks, video screenings, workshops and master classes
Where does your donation go?
Your donation helps to build the corpus of the Foundation which is used for the expansion of our education programmes. This includes teacher training programmes, purchase of musical instruments, music scores, free training for underprivileged children, workshops and master classes, lectures, and other related activities.
Your donation to the corpus of the Foundation is exempt under 80G of the Income Tax Act.